Return to Jobs Index
and Edit Friendly Copy
MEMBERSHIP EXPANSION COMMITTEE
ABA Job Description
To develop strategies for the expansion of ABA membership throughout the world
MEMBERSHIP EXPANSION COMMITTEE QUALIFICATIONS
- Interest in researching methods to best advertise ABA
- Ability to develop ABA membership marketing ideas
- Interest and aptitude in developing Public Relations' activities
- Adept at developing ideas to create interest in bell collecting
- Hold a Membership Expansion Committee meeting during convention and invite the current and incoming Second Vice Presidents and newly appointed committee members to the meeting.
- Meetings and communication between members should happen throughout the year via mail, email or other means.
- Approve minutes of meetings and distribute a copy to all committee members and forward a copy to the President.
- Acknowledge donations to Membership Expansion Committee and twice yearly, inform Bell Tower Editor. No monetary donations are directly accepted by the committee (they would need to be earmarked for a specific purpose and sent to the Treasurer. Direct donations would be materials such as pamphlets, cards, etc. All materials need approval of the President and/or the Executive Board.
- Prepare articles for The Bell Tower, as needed.
- Place advertisements in national/local publications, and continue to research new ways to advertise ABA to the general public such as bell displays, chapter publicity, etc. The ABA Address: Membership Chairman, 26 Hunting Lodge Drive, Miami Springs FL 33166-5108 and www.americanbell.org are to be the only addresses on all advertisements and other publicity material.
- Keep updated address lists of national/local publications as well as antique malls/shops/stores where fliers and news release can be sent.
- Maintain adequate supplies of Membership Promotion Pamphlets and ABA cards and distribute to chapters and/or members upon request. Bring a supply of these items to convention.
- Appraise expansion growth resulting from inquiries, pamphlets, internet, The Bell Tower Committee, and cards and record names of new members from each source. Review on a yearly basis to determine the number of new members who have renewed their membership.
All ABA Position Instructions (officers, appointments, coordinators and committee chairs):
Review your Job Description and send any updates or note of ‘no changes’ to the Job Description Coordinator towards the end of your annual term.
Remit to Treasurer all expenses, with receipts by the end of fiscal year, March 31st. Committees, whose budgets are large, remit expenses with receipts for payment periodically.
Prepare an annual report for your position and email/mail the report to the Secretary no later than one month before convention.
If a Discussion Form is sent to you by the Secretary, complete and return by email no later than one month before convention.
Important information for name and logo copyrights:
In any print communications there must be the use of the trademarks for the name and logo for ABA.
The first time the organization’s name appears it must be capitalized with the registered trademark following. THE AMERICAN BELL ASSOCIATION®.
For the registered trademark: ctrl+alt+r will work on most keyboards. ®
The name of The Bell Towersm must have a superscript sm after it.
The sm superscript can be made by clicking the superscript icon in your word processing program sm.
The logo must be the official logo of ABA with the registered trademark.