Return to Jobs Index
and Edit Friendly Copy
ABA Job Description
The Membership Coordinator receives and deposits all membership dues and keeps an up-to-date membership data base to provide ABA membership information where needed.
MEMBERSHIP CHAIR QUALIFICATIONS
1. Must be competent in computer techniques
2. Must have time to accomplish the duties of the position
3. Must belong to The American Bell Association
- Establish and maintain a computer database for the ABA membership. This database shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Name, address, zip code, and phone number of members
- Date joined and expiration date of membership
- Month of last issue of The Bell Tower to be received (members shall receive six issues per year for their membership)
- Dues paid and date
- Members who have a change of address during part of the year in order to change the mailing labels as required
- Date of change of address; this is for use in revising the ABA directory
- Identify active members and retain list of deactivated members
- Respond to correspondence from ABA members regarding membership information. Inquiries from all other sources such as prospective members, organizations, etc. are to be sent to The Bell Tower Committee Chair for ABA information, sample Bell Towers, and answering specific questions.
- Correspondence pertaining to any phase of The Bell Tower publication, distribution, and related concerns are forwarded to The Bell Tower Committee Chair for action.
- A back-up disk of the ABA membership database will be sent to a designated member of The Bell Tower Committee on a bi-monthly basis. This copy will be forwarded not later than the last day of January, March, May, July, September, and November of each year.
- Send a membership renewal notice and Membership Renewal Application form to all members 45 to 60 days prior to their membership expiration date. When payment not received by expiration date, send email or telephone or send second renewal notice to solicit payment or to determine member’s intent for membership continuation. Note such efforts in database with dates.
- Maintain a supply of permanent membership cards and send to each new member.
- Names, addresses and donations to Friends of ABA should be forwarded to the First Vice President by the first of non-Bell Tower months.
- Forward names of ABA members who have died to the Chaplain and Bell Tower Editor.
- All checks and/or money orders received shall be stamped "for deposit only to the current ABA account" and forwarded (if necessary) by certified mail to the bank for deposit. This shall be done at least once every two weeks. A copy of the list of names, date, and amount deposited shall also be sent to the ABA Treasurer.
- When confirmation of membership payment has been made, send an email or letter to the Letter Writer Chairman on a bi-weekly basis providing new members' names, addresses, telephone numbers, and an explanation of how the member discovered ABA. Also send a copy to the Chair of the Membership Expansion Committee and the member of The Bell Tower Committee who stores the extra Bell Towers.
- Send pertinent membership information and names and addresses of all new members to the Editor of The Bell Tower on a bi-monthly basis not later than the 1st of February, April, June, August, October, and December. Also send to Editor all changes of member information from that published in the most recent ABA Membership Directory.
- Prepare mailing labels for The Bell Tower. Mailing labels for all foreign and domestic members will be forwarded to the printing company based on the printers scheduling of production of the Bell Tower magazine. The mailing label shall show the last issue of the Bell Tower that the member will receive. At the same time as mailing labels are provided to the printer, provide the Chair of the Bell Tower Committee the number of labels printed, both foreign and domestic (bulk and first class)
- Maintain a listing of all members who request and pay additional funds to have their Bell Tower magazine sent via air mail and first class mail. This information will be provided to the Chair of the Bell Tower Committee on a bi-monthly basis.
- Provide a quarterly report of membership chairman expenditures to the Treasurer and the Chair of The Bell Tower Committee not later than 10 days following the end of each quarter of the fiscal year. (April 1st - March 31st)
- Provide an annual estimate of funding required to the Treasurer and the Chair of The Bell Tower Committee not later than March 1st for budgeting purposes.
- Be accountable to The Bell Tower Committee for all computer equipment. Provide to the Convention Committee’s person responsible for ABA’s Properties annually by March 1st a listing and condition of all MC equipment.
- Attend meetings of The Bell Tower Committee as an ex-officio member.
- Attend meetings of the Membership Expansion Committee as an ex-officio member.
- The ABA Address: 26 Hunting Lodge Drive, Miami Springs FL 33166-5108 and http://www.americanbell.org, are to be the only addresses on all advertisements and other publicity material
- The membership chairman will be provided an ABA credit card for the expenditure of funds for supplies, postage, etc. and to receive funding via PAYPAL.com and the ABA Web site. The membership chairman will provide the ABA Treasurer with the sites and account numbers of any places where the credit card can be used.
All ABA positions (officers, appointments, coordinators and committee chairs):
Review your Job Description and send any updates or note of ‘no changes’ to the Job Description Coordinator towards the end of your annual term.
Remit to Treasurer all expenses, with receipts by the end of fiscal year, March 31st. Committees, whose budgets are large, remit expenses with receipts for payment periodically.
Prepare an annual report for your position and email/mail the report to the Secretary no later than one month before convention.
If a Discussion Form is sent to you by the Secretary, complete and return by email no later than one month before convention.
Important information for name and logo copyrights:
In any print communications there must be the use of the trademarks for the name and logo for ABA.
The first time the organization’s name appears it must be capitalized with the registered trademark following. THE AMERICAN BELL ASSOCIATION®.
For the registered trademark: ctrl+alt+r will work on most keyboards. ®
The name of The Bell Towersm must have a superscript sm after it.
The sm superscript can be made by clicking the superscript icon in your word processing program sm.
The logo must be the official logo of ABA with the registered trademark.
Membership Chairperson: The Membership Chairperson will include the ABA logo on all forms and correspondence, including all publications of the Membership Application.
Enclosure: Membership Application form (May use another form if preferred so long as the information is collected correctly.)
The American Bell Association International, Inc.
Family $__.00 (dues are remitted yearly, multiple year dues not accepted)
Date __________ New Member ____________ Renewal _____________
Last Name ______________ First ___________ Middle ____________
How did you learn about the ABA? ________________________________________________
Membership dues $_____________
Additional postage $_____________
Total enclosed $_____________
Dues include delivery of The Bell Tower by bulk mail to a USA address.
Additional postage is $_.00 for First Class delivery in the United States (optional).
Additional postage is $_.00 for Airmail delivery to Canada (required).
Additional postage is $_.00 for Airmail delivery to overseas addresses (required).
Make check or bank draft (U.S. funds) payable to:
The American Bell Association and mail to:
ABA Membership Chairman
26 Hunting Lodge Drive
Miami Springs FL 33166-5108