Return to Jobs Index
and Edit Friendly Copy
ABA Job Description
The Budget Committee develops the budget for each fiscal year, with the approval of the Executive Board and the ABA members at convention.
COMMITTEE MEMBER QUALIFICATIONS
- The Treasurer is the Chair of the Budget Committee. Members are the First Vice-President, and the Chair of the Bell Tower Committee.
- Ability to assess budget needs based on Treasurer's records
- Have time to correspond and meet budget time schedules
- Ability and basic skills to access the internet and familiar with the use of email.
- The Chair (Treasurer) will:
- after closing the fiscal year books, start making the proposed budget for the next year.
- request a proposed Bell Tower budget from the Chair of The Bell Tower Committee.
- use other estimated budget items submitted by officers, appointees, coordinators and committee chairs.
- send copies of the proposed budget to each member of the Budget Committee. An explanation for items that seem out of the ordinary will be sent.
- The proposed budget to be presented by the Treasurer to the Executive Board at its first meeting must be finalized by the Budget Committee prior to that time either by an email or in-person vote at a meeting of the committee at the convention site..
- If there are any changes in the budget requested by the Executive Board, advise committee members for their approval.
- The finalized proposed budget is presented at the business meeting at convention and a motion made to accept the budget.
- Copies of the budget will be made available for the membership. If printed before the finalized budget, ensure the membership is aware of all changes not noted on the printed copies before requesting a vote on the budget.
- After membership approval, notice will be given to all officers, appointees, coordinators and chairs of committees of what their budget is for the coming year.
All ABA Position Instructions (officers, appointments, coordinators and committee chairs):
Review your Job Description and send any updates or note of ‘no changes’ to the Job Description Coordinator towards the end of your annual term.
Remit to Treasurer all expenses, with receipts by the end of fiscal year, March 31st. Committees, whose budgets are large, remit expenses with receipts for payment periodically.
Prepare an annual report for your position and email/mail the report to the Secretary no later than one month before convention.
If a Discussion Form is sent to you by the Secretary, complete and return by email no later than one month before convention.
Important information for name and logo copyrights:
In any print communications there must be the use of the trademarks for the name and logo for ABA.
The first time the organization’s name appears it must be capitalized with the registered trademark following. THE AMERICAN BELL ASSOCIATION®.
For the registered trademark: ctrl+alt+r will work on most keyboards. ®
The name of The Bell Towersm must have a superscript sm after it.
The sm superscript can be made by clicking the superscript icon in your word processing program sm.
The logo must be the official logo of ABA with the registered trademark.