Return to Jobs
and Edit Friendly Copy
ABA Job Description
The Auction Coordinator organizes all aspects of the ABA Auction held at the ABA
Convention, conducts the auction and maintains accurate records of money collected.
COMMITTEE CHAIR QUALIFICATIONS
- Able to organize logistics of running the ABA auction and recruit other committee members to assist in that capacity.
- Have knowledge of auction procedures and ability to serve as auctioneer or select other(s) to serve in that position.
- Have time to correspond, prepare auction list and keep accurate accounting of receipts.
- Have knowledge of bells.
- Have a people-oriented personality.
- Submit article announcing convention auction to Bell Tower Editor for Jan-Feb issue.
- Accept telephone reservations from sellers; receive their lists with bell descriptions for catalog
- Obtain auction team members and set up a working auction schedule.
- Prepare catalog and make enough copies for the number of expected bidders.
- Meet with hotel coordinator prior to auction, for room set-up and its continual security.
- Supervise auction set-up and preview.
- Oversee total operation during auction.
- Complete the balance sheet showing expenses and profit to ABA after auction.
- Meet with ABA Treasurer for final accounting and turn over checks collected. (Any cash collected should be exchanged for a check from the convention treasurer beforehand).
- Give ABA Treasurer forms with seller's name, address, and amount to be paid to them so checks can be issued as soon as possible. The seller receives 85% of the sale amount and the ABA receives 15%.
- Announce profit from auction during the next luncheon or dinner to total convention.
Enclosures: ABA Convention BT ad
All ABA positions (officers, appointments, coordinators and committee chairs):
Review your Job Description and send any updates or note of ‘no changes’ to the Job Description Coordinator towards the end of your annual term.
Remit to Treasurer all expenses, with receipts by the end of fiscal year, March 31st. Committees, whose budgets are large, remit expenses with receipts for payment periodically.
Prepare an annual report for your position and email/mail the report to the Secretary no later than one month before convention.
If a Discussion Form is sent to you by the Secretary, complete and return by email no later than one month before convention.
Important information for name and logo copyrights:
In any print communications there must be the use of the trademarks for the name and logo for ABA.
The first time the organization’s name appears it must be capitalized with the registered trademark following. THE AMERICAN BELL ASSOCIATION®.
For the registered trademark: ctrl+alt+r will work on most keyboards. ®
The name of The Bell Towersm must have a superscript sm after it.
The sm superscript can be made by clicking the superscript icon in your word processing program sm.
The logo must be the official logo of ABA with the registered trademark.
(Year) ABA Auction
- A maximum of 300 bells or bell-related items will be accepted with a limit of 12 per family.
- Each item must have a minimum value of $25.00
- A group of bells can be placed as a single item only if they each has the minimum value of $25.00
- A minimum bid may be set for any two (2) items in the group and, in addition, any bell with a minimum of $250.00 or more.
- The ABA seller’s premium is 15% of the total sales.
(Name) will accept calls (phone #) to place items in the auction on (day, date) only, beginning at (time and time zone)